What is Spinal Cord Stimulation?

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
dombrowski123

What is Spinal Cord Stimulation?

Post by dombrowski123 »

Spinal cord stimulation can be an effective, implantable alternative to other therapies used to treat chronic pain. It alleviates pain by electrically activating pain-inhibiting neuronal circuits in the dorsal horn and inducing a tingling sensation (paresthesia) that masks the sensations of pain.
Common indications
A Medtronic implantable neurostimulation system is indicated for spinal cord stimulation (SCS) as an aid in the management of chronic, intractable pain of the trunk and/or limbs—including unilateral or bilateral pain associated with the following conditions:
• Failed Back Syndrome (FBS) or low back syndrome or failed back
• Radicular pain syndrome or radiculopathies resulting in pain secondary to FBSS or herniated disk
• Postlaminectomy pain
• Multiple back operations
• Unsuccessful disk surgery
• Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD)/herniated disk pain refractory to conservative and surgical therapies
• Peripheral causalgia
• Epidural fibrosis
• Arachnoiditis or lumbar adhesive arachnoiditis
• Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), or causalgia
I am Dr. John Dombrowski from United States, a clinical associate professor at Georgetown University, I am a newbie here. This forum site looks great and I’m looking forward to establish a good relationship with you as I am committed to bring you better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of Pain Management wellness.

Yours in Good Health,
Dr. John Dombrowski