Need Help

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
cdmurfee

Need Help

Post by cdmurfee »

Hi All,

A while back, I decided that I want to turn the negativity of having BPI into a positive, by trying to prepare myself to try out for the USA Paralympic Cycling team, and to educate as many people as I can about BPI along the way. My journey has been going well so far, and is constantly evolving! I've been training hard, putting 250-400 miles in on my bike every week, reading as much self coaching material as I can, and studying on the tactics of road bicycle racing. So far, it's been a great vehicle to talk to a lot of people about BPI by explaining my goals, and a new love in my life, which is surprising to me because I used to be afraid of riding a bicycle!

My goals are to get more people aware of the risk factors for BPI at birth, treatments for all types of injuries, secondary risks associated with BPI, prevention, to be a good role model for the little ones born with BPI, and to get out and see the world and meet new people. Basically, all the stuff that my family was kept in the dark about all my life.

I believe I can make all this happen, but one thing I realize is that I can't do it alone. I would like to set up a website, explaining what I'm trying to do, but I have NO IDEA how to get started, or how to fill it with great content. I have a clear idea of what I would like it to be, I just don't know how to do it. Is there anyone that would be willing to help me with this? I listen to a fair amount of fitness/health/cycling pod casts, each of which has multiple thousands of regular listeners. I've had very good experience with emailing these pod cast hosts with questions, and getting them answered on "the air." I think having a good website would be a good way to promote awareness for BPI for each of these outlets, of course having links to this site!

Again, I'm looking for help with 1) getting a website together and 2) helping me actually design it. If anyone has the technical know-how and/or creative input, I would appreciate your assistance immensely! If you'd like to contact me directly, my email address is murphystrombone@gmail.com

Yours,

Chris Murphy
25/LOBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Need Help

Post by hope16_05 »

Hi Chris,
Have you ever used freewebs? I used it to create my own website back in 2005 and now I just update it every month or so. You done have to have all the "know how" to use freewebs, it does all the hard work and you just add your desired content.

if you want to check out my site it is www.freewebs.com/bpimn

Hope that helps!
Amy 22 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN