Finally the Awareness Cookbook!

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Finally the Awareness Cookbook!

Post by hope16_05 »

The awareness cookbook, Nurture & Nourish is finally available for purchase! Currently it is in a 5x8 format however we will soon be offering a CD with a pdf version. Check the UBPN store at cafepress frequently. As soon as they recieve the master CD in the mail, the CD version will be available!

There are tons of amazing recipies in this book!

Thanks to all the amazing people who donated recipies or time and energy to help me make this cookbook possible!

Amy
Awareness Committee Chair
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Finally the Awareness Cookbook!

Post by marieke »

it won't open... I get to cafepresse, then when i choose the cookbook, it gives me a blank page.

ok now it opens.. not sure why it didn't work the first 3 times...

Message was edited by: marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

Thanks Amy for all your hard work!!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Just to let everyone know, it appears not to be loading correctly...It does load for me but sends me to the bottom of the page so it just looks like a blank page. I have to scroll up to view the cookbook.

Hope that helps!
Amy
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

THANK YOU Amy for all your time and Effort in putting out this Cookbook. :) :)

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
hope16_05

Post by hope16_05 »

I couldnt have done it without the help of everyone who took the time to type up recipies and send them to me, Kim West for answering many many questions, A super talented graphic artist Jennifer, and my fiance for listening to my frustrations for many hours and also for putting together the index in the back.

Thanks also to anyone else who helped that I have neglected to thank!
Hugs,
Amy
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I got my Cookbook today! Awesome recipes!! Great job!
:) Marieke 34, LOBPI :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Dear Amy and all cooks who contributed to our UBPN COOKBOOK,
Thank YOu, Thank YOu Thankyou ALL I L-O-V-E my cookbook! I appreciate it more than any other because of your time spent putting it together was not easy to do while attending OT Graduate School Amy. AND all fellow UBPN Family members do not have the time either that this "Gramma" does...LOL so THANK YOU and....

HUGS,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/71 & proud of it 8-)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI