Awareness Message Ideas

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
nkjacoby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nicholas is 11 years old and his birth was complicated by a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a severe LOBPI. He has had 5 surgeries to date with very little improvement. His left arm has never fully gained any functional use and has been completely flaccid until his last surgery. It now sits at a more natural position, but he is still unable to use his arm. However, his hand function was never limited until after his most recent surgery and is now completely limited due to an ulnar nerve entrapment. He is getting ready to have his 6th surgery in April to free the ulnar nerve from his last surgery. He is an amazing young man who never gives up on his dreams. He is my HERO!!!

Awareness Message Ideas

Post by nkjacoby »

I have been trying to figure out a way to spread awareness this year. I am going to be using window paint or markers and write awareness messages on my van windows everyday of that week. If anyone would like to give me some ideas on what messages to write I am open to any and all comments. I am also gonna write this website on my window. I hope to hear from many mom's. Have a great and blessed day!!!
Mom to Nicholas 11 LOBPI, Dawson 7, and Kalyssa 5
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Awareness Message Ideas

Post by hope16_05 »

This is an amazing idea!!! I think I am going to offer my classmates zipper pulls from ubpn...I have a bunch! And they make fabulous key chains.

What about writing my baby was injured at birth...Could yours be?

Take some pics, I would love to see what you come up with!!!

Thanks,
Amy 22 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN