Disability

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
1993z28
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 11/15/2015 I was in a motorcycle accident and my left arm and lung were parallelized. The whole left side of my upper body is in pain and very sensitive to touch. My left eye was droopy and my left pupil was smaller than my right eye. According to Mayo I screwed up nerves to my brain and that is why my eye was like that. In my crash I broke four bones in my back I broke two bones in my left leg which they had to put a rod in my leg leaving me with a cool scare from my waist down to my knee. I broke one finger on my right hand that they put a pin into to try and straighten it. I broke my right wrist. I broke the main artery in my left arm which they had to repair before they could continue with my surgery because I was internally bleeding. I broke my left four arm and my left arm right below my shoulder, it was shattered so they had to put a plate in my arm with six screws to hold it together. I broke my shoulder and collar bone. I pulled three nerves out of my spinal cord.

Disability

Post by 1993z28 »

So I'm just wondering if anyone can help me or tell me if anyone with this injury has received disability benefits. All of my doctors and my lawyer thinks I should be getting benefits but our government doesn't actually want to help someone that needs help. My left arm is paralyzed and my left lung. My whole left side is in pain all the time. My arm, neck, shoulder, back, and chest. My left side can't be touched because any type of touch hurts like hell, its very sensitive. So shaving and hair cuts are painful on my left side. And the dislocated arm and nerve pain is another factor. I'm fighting for disability but just wondering if someone could please give me good news for once. Ever since my accident I have only received bad news and have been told this is the worst type of bpi there is.
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Disability

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Wow , have you applied for Social Security Disability ???
If you have not ??
Go to a Lawyer who does SSD cases.
When you do bring all your doctor records with you to a this lawyer.
Everything counts, limitation the Meds and everything you stated.
The lawyer does get a percent and every week counts for being paid back benefits.
When the government states to some applying and denied benefits , there is a appeal process.
Look at the resources pages here .That do state our term for our disability.
Years ago there were some Great Ladies, from this board, who persuaded SSD to make our injuries part of the description for eligibly benefits. Make a copy of this for the lawyer.
I like many here have gotten SSD some needed to have the lawyer needed to appeal.
Remember the most current record count a lot.

I hope this helps, It takes time .
I have wrote about this subject in past post to.
Tom
1993z28
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 11/15/2015 I was in a motorcycle accident and my left arm and lung were parallelized. The whole left side of my upper body is in pain and very sensitive to touch. My left eye was droopy and my left pupil was smaller than my right eye. According to Mayo I screwed up nerves to my brain and that is why my eye was like that. In my crash I broke four bones in my back I broke two bones in my left leg which they had to put a rod in my leg leaving me with a cool scare from my waist down to my knee. I broke one finger on my right hand that they put a pin into to try and straighten it. I broke my right wrist. I broke the main artery in my left arm which they had to repair before they could continue with my surgery because I was internally bleeding. I broke my left four arm and my left arm right below my shoulder, it was shattered so they had to put a plate in my arm with six screws to hold it together. I broke my shoulder and collar bone. I pulled three nerves out of my spinal cord.

Post by 1993z28 »

Yes I have applied it has been almost two years. How long does it take? My lawyer says we are getting close. I was just wondering what my chances are of winning my case? I am very much in a lot of pain and I have gotten nothing but bad news from all my doctors. My arm and hand will never work again and I will be in this pain for as long as I live. Its sad to think about but if I can receive help at least it won't be so bad financially because right now me and my fiance are struggling very bad, our credit cards are maxing out trying to live. I even had to go to work for a friend of mine cleaning up the job site and keeping it organized. My friend owes a framing crew and there are even some days that I'm so worthless I can't even pick up trash. Please give me good news and tell me that mote en likely I'll win my disability case. Thanks.
Master DIVER TOM

I will try to help ?
First 2 yrs. is a long time , but you are getting to the end. So your lawyer is right.
There is others who I have known , ware 2 yrs. has happen with other disability to.
Because how many injuries have happen to you , I am in sock , Why its been 2 yrs.
You say there is a Lawyer involved, No details needed but if there is a court case pending from your accident ? Your lawyer needs to get future medical, present and past medical bill and damages for loss of income and future loss to.
What is not true is your limitation staying the same.
Somethings you will adapt to or you will find another doctor to help improve even one or more of your limitation you have, overtime.
I want to write more but I need to think, will write more tomorrow.
Thinking about what I went threw over my life time with birth erbs and latter tore my good arm driving a semi and what I remember others posting.
Ill be back,
Tom
Master DIVER TOM

Hi , I am back
First , I thought about the others who I know, who it did take 2 yrs. to get there SSD. In all of these cases, they won in the end. There lawyer took there cases because they new they would win. Lawyers would not take cases they new they would not win in the end. Appeals happen and lawyer are waiting to to get there percentage and a large back payment is made.

Because I have birth erbs and I ended up with carpel tunnel a radial nerve injury and a torn deltoid , ware the surgery never help. I did this damage catching my fall of a semi , I was driving. I applied for SSD online and I saw a SSD rep and a SSD doctor , I got SSD in 4 months later.
When you stated the injury your still dealing with I dont understand why you did not get it by now.

I will go with you will get SSD, and part of your Nightmare over,

Tom
1993z28

Post by 1993z28 »

Thanks for your help is there anything else I should do to make sure I win? If I don't win I will lose everything.
1993z28

Post by 1993z28 »

I wrote you another long message but this website didn't submit it and I lost everything I typed. Damn I've got great luck.
Master DIVER TOM

You Have not lost everything!!!
Being born with birth erbs there is a time growning up ware I tryied to find a way to work one handed in a 2 hand world. I never
did very well in school. So I had to find a job to do in a trade. So many things I faild at because I could not find away to adapt or even use my limited use in my erbs arm to do. Teaching yourself to use you limiation to do a job {the best you can} becomes very important no matter If you are just trying after a latter life injury or born with erbs.
You can read here from posts of so many here overcoming there limiation overtime. I am in aw what others found to do in spiteof there limiation. YOU will to.
You all ready start by trying to pick up at your friends. Keep doing it as you can because the more you do things , what happens
is you learn to teach your self to use your limiation to do Some work. You have a great friend who pay you to do this as you can.
You have a Great woman to be with you.
There is always a Starting point no matter when they happen. You dont have to be a Invild to SSD, You still have a lot of limiation, But if SSD fails ???????? Your next step IS a State agency that called Division of Vocational Rehabilation.

I will come back tommarow, I ve been cut off to trying to go back and Try to fix my grammer, On going struggle for me

Tom
1993z28

Post by 1993z28 »

In away I am depending on ssd because I am om medicaid because I didn't have insurance at the time of my crash, and on medicaid you can't make over 1,375 a month. I need more than that to live with me owning my house and my cars and other bills I just need more money. If I win my case I will get money from ssd and still be able to work I think I'm not sure but I will be able to make more money. Thank you for talking with me I appreciate it.I really hope I win my case I should as messed up as I am. I'm going back to physical therapy for my neck and back and going to start seeing a councilor. My court date is set for Nov. 7th hope I win. Thanks again.
Master DIVER TOM

Hi,
I am glad to here your going to do more therapy , The more you can do the better you might find away to adapt to do things overtime and work in the future.
I never thought I would be-able to drive a semi for 25 yrs. with a Erbs arm, but found away to adapt ,even with very limited usage.
You will find away to adapt by building your limitation that you can and there by thinking of away to adapt to work. There are So many posting here that do this overtime.
I am glad you will be seeing a consoler, It will easy some of your ( what ifs )???
You are doing the Best you can ! Your Trying that all you can do in life.
Write back on this post if I can write something to help ??
I am glad, maybe I help a little so for now , I will keep my fingers cross for you.

Tom