UBPN Chatroom

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: UBPN Chatroom

Post by Carolyn J »

Even with my posit i forgot ...LOL BUT i did have to make a chauffer run for son Scott & by the time i got home totally forgot LOL!!! I'l try something else on wednesday night!!! Can someoneplease email me @ 7PM PDT on wednesday???? That may work :idea:

Hugs,
Carolyn J :oops:
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Post by Jennifer P »

Hey Carolyn! I will be posting reminders here, so if you select to be notified when a post is made on this thread you will get an email.

Mel and I chatted it up on Wednesday – She got me into Geocaching! Addictive for sure.

We haven't nailed a time down persay; but I am in PDT and I generally am able to sign on around 7pm. This coming week I may be a bit late because I have this huge project at work that I may be staying an hour late for :( But I'll sign on eventually!
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Carolyn: there is a link at the bottom of the page "subscribe to topic" click that and you will start getting emails when a new post is made.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

Ohhhh tHats what that means...LOL..
OKay, Thanks alot Jennifer. I'm in Pacific time zone too WA state. Hope you are coming to Camp in Oct!!
HUgs,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i was logged in the whole time... Jennifer was the only one who showed up! but it was still a fun time. it was exciteing to get to talk to someone else in real time :lol:
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

I know how fun it is 'cause I FINALLY learned how to chat on Facebook...I just have to remember on wednesday PM and I did subscribe to the email reminders SO I'm determined to join you. Mel please try to convince Jennifer to com to CAMP 2010. I can attest to the fact it is Life-changing to be with people and talk non-stop share "How to's" and do fun stuff together, learn new information from professionals there and most of all see the lights turned on in the eyes of OBPI children when they see others their age and Have F-U-N doing stuff together. Children also see us adults doing sports games,etc "whatever" and it gives everyone "possiblities" they never were aware. I can't describe that feeling. We have also asked for a session with adults & girls to share "How to do" stuff ie like pony tails, bras..etc.

...Talk Wednesday, girls
Carolyn J/71
...ps don't know how to use that darn bold button...lol
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

she and i have been talking about camp and the possibility of rooming together :D so itll be cheaper! which is exciting!! YAYYYY!!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Great news, Mel. I can guarantee A Grand time ! :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

I've been to camp before back in 2001 so it will be ten years...i better show up :)
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

P.s. Chat reminder for tomorrow!!