Trouble with log-ins

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
Joanie

Trouble with log-ins

Post by Joanie »

I'm having trouble with my log-ins.

Sometimes I log-in when I first get to the message boards. One time when I did that, I found that I was shown as "Guest" when I was ready to write a reply. I logged in again, then wrote my reply. When I wanted to preview my reply, I couldn't because I was back to being "Guest" again. I logged in yet again. Then my reply posted without giving me the chance to preview it.

Tonight I didn't log in until I wanted to reply to a question. When I finished writing my reply, I couldn't preview it because I was back to being "Guest" again. I logged in again, but again wasn't able to preview my post before it posted. This situation has also happened before.

Why does this happen? What can be done, at your end or mine, so that I won't have to keep logging in repeatedly?

Thanks,
Joanie
Joanie

Re: Trouble with log-ins

Post by Joanie »

mrpeggy,

Sorry. I should have said that I'm not fluent in "computerese." Can you translate that into English? Also, what can I do to remedy the situation?

Thanks for your help,
Joanie
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

If you use Internet Explorer, try using Netscape (and vice versa--those are browsers.

As far as fire walls, that would require you to go in and manually change. I'm not really sure how to do that.

For cookies, look in the "Tool" menu at the top of your browser and there should be a "cookie manager" (there is for Netscape--not sure what it is for I.E.)

Maybe my Mr. can help more, but I'm not computer whiz myself.

Peggy
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Thanks for your help. I'll try.

Joanie