Hurricane Dennis

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
GAmom

Hurricane Dennis

Post by GAmom »

I am not sure who all will be affected by Hurricane Dennis but I will keep you all in my prayers. I know how devistating they can be. Also would everyone keep me and my family in their prayers also. If this hurricane takes the same path as Ivan we will be affected a great bit. The town we live in will be on the East side of Dennis. God Bless and stay SAFE!
Marnie

Re: Hurricane Dennis

Post by Marnie »

I live in Alabama so we will definitly get some crazy weather from this storm as well.
Nurseem

Post by Nurseem »

GAmom-
I lived for 5 years in Brunswick, GA. My DD Ginny (LOBPI) was born in Savannah. Where abouts are you located? You will be in my prayers!!
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Post by tylergsmom »

I'm in Alabama too....right on the water. They just announced mandatory evacuations where I live so we are all just hoping that it dies down before it hits us.
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

I am saying a prayer that PROTECTIVE ARMS will be wrapped around all of you.....that are threatened by the Hurricane.

I do the same every so often for my daughters away at college.......When my Oldest nearly died in early December 2004, I knew THOSE prayers were answered. It had to be ANGELS that got here out of bed and into the College Health Center (she doesn't have a car and took a city bus).
Her pulse was 180 and a sudden bacterial infection (strep throat) sent her into SEPTIC SHOCK.
I DO believe in ANGELS.
CyndiAnn3

Post by CyndiAnn3 »

I live in Wisconsin, so we're more familiar with tornadoes & blizzards! All of you in the South are in my thoughts & prayers!
Cyndi
Mandie

Post by Mandie »

I am in South louisiana, kinda like lower middle. Last night we made a trip WAY DOWN TO THE TOE of La. OMG that was so weird! Living in La all my live, I have never been to "the end of louisiana", and there is a sign there that says that! Anyways, they were evacuating and she wanted to come here...

Good luck to all in his path!
LeeAnne

Post by LeeAnne »

It is Saturday evening at 7:45 p.m. and I'm at the computer looking out the window. It is so windy and we are under tornado watches till 11 p.m. We are just on the outskirts of Orlando and after surviving 3 hurricanes in a row last August/September, I couldn't bear the thought of another one. We are getting high winds and we are just getting the rain and wind from the outer bands. I pray for those in the panhandle who have much worse to look forward to in the next 12 to 24 hours but thank God we are only getting outer effects. Maybe that sounds terrible, but I think you all know what I mean. Let's keep all affected by Dennis in our prayers. LeeAnne
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I hope and pray Dennis wil not do to much damage.
I will keep you all in my prayers for safe passage of this storm. You have the Hurricanes and we here in NY had all the massive snow storms. After all your hurricanes last year I stopped complaining about all the snow... hope you are all safe and well and this storm passes quickly and without any damage.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

7:30 here in Birmingham, AL and we just had a nasty thunderstorm, the first band from the hurricane, we are hunkered down!! hope everyone is safe on the gulf coast.